People think that an old battery must be trashed and replaced with a new one. There is another way of getting a fully functional battery and saving alot of money in the process; reconditioning or restoring the battery. Learning how to recondition batteries is the simple solution to reviving old batteries to new again when they die and reconditioned batteries will work just like a brand new one.
Something you need to understand is that recharging a battery and reconditioning a battery are not the same. Recharging a battery only gives it life for a certain period of time. On the other hand, battery reconditioning involves restoring the battery to its full capacity. The reconditioning process is very simple, and any person can do it. Imagine how much money you will save by learning this simple skill of reconditioning.
Getting an entirely new battery is simple and you will only need a few items. When you are done, the reconditioned battery will be just like a brand new battery. More people are converting their homes to operate on renewable energy such as solar or wind. Therefore, the need to store that energy in batteries is a growing exponentially. As we all know, batteries have a life span. And once the battery hits this life span, its ability to store energy dramatically decreases. This is the reason why learning how to recondition batteries is growing in popularity among these groups of people.
If you search around, you will find many different methods that people subscibe to; however there are only two methods that should be adhered to.
The type of battery that you are wanting to recondition will determine the method to be deployed. Knowledge and understanding is very important as this will also help you recondition batteries safely.
Old car batteries are the most popular batteries to be reconditioned, and you can find them for very cheap, and sometimes free.
Once you learn how to recondition batteries, you can help others do the same and not only help save the environment, but make a side income as well.
Here are Five reasons to learn how to recondition old batteries
1. Due to the increased use of batteries in our homes and vehicles, this is the perfect time to learn this skill. I understand that batteries contain harmfyl chemicals, but if you follow the proper safety procedures and take some simple precautions you will be fine. Also, having the correct information will allow you to do this in your home.
2. Due to the fact that most people don’t know you can restore old batteries, you can get these old batteries usually for free from service stations, auto shops, junk yards, etc.
3. Since new batteries are very expensive, you will save yourself a ton of money by restoring old, free batteries. Especially if you are going to do some renewable energy projects for your home, such as wind and solar. You can also make extra money by selling restored batteries that you potentially got for free.
4. You will be playing your part in aiding the clean up of the environment. Keeping batteries out of landfills and junkyards is beneficial for all.
5. Learning the skill of restoring batteries will only increase in demand over time. Learning this skill now will position you as a leader and will also put you in a position for making lucrative income.
People learn how to recondition batteries to save money and creating side businesses to make money. It doesn’t make any sense to throw away batteries when you can recondition them and bring them back to life. Also, you are saving the envirnoment by reconditioning batteries instead of throwing them away because batteries have harmful chemicals in them that can contaminate the soils and get into the waterways and potentially kill wildlife.
The most common type of battery used is the lead acid battery. This is the oldest, rechargeable battery and the good news is that they are very easy to recondition and reuse. They work by producing electricity by chemical reaction. The lead on the plates of the battery react with the sulfuric acid in the battery to create lead sulfate which crystallizes and prevents the battery from recharging. Desulfation will bring batteries back to life.
The reaction of lead plates immersed in sulfuric acid generates electricity in automotive lead-acid batteries. This sulfate reaction also produces lead sulfate.
When a healthy battery is recharged, this lead sulfate is converted back to lead and sulfuric acid.
But in worn batteries, the lead sulfate changes to a crystalline form, coats the battery’s lead plates and reduces its capacity. It is a common occurrence in lead-acid batteries and a major reason for their failure.
You can reverse sulfation utilizing a specialized high-current, pulse that effectively breaks down the crystalline lead sulfate and turns it back into lead and sulfuric acid, thus cleaning the lead plates and restoring charge capacity.
Consider battery restoration before you go and throw it away.
And you can even earn a substantial amount of money by reconditioning dead batteries you get for free, and then reselling them.